Monday, June 8, 2009

Beauty.

There have been a couple of spectacular sunsets in the past few days of my life and I feel the need to talk about them.

The first one happened on Friday night when I was driving home from camp. Usually I'm sad when I'm stuck driving during a great sunset, but I was ok with it this time. The clouds were all silver and grey. There wasn't really any bright colour. That's what made this one so amazing. There was so much depth and brilliance in the sky! The clouds were big smears of charcoal grey with edges of glistening silver. Where the clouds overlapped, the brightness was almost blinding. The beauty of the grey sky over the bright green trees was stunning. It was breathtaking.

The next one happened tonight when I was driving Abby home to Geraldton. The sky started off clear blue and the clouds were firey orange and pink with dusty purple streaked across. The first glimpse I caught of the whole sky was over Lake Nipigon when we turned onto highway 11. The whole expanse of the sky was reflected in the lake with a blindingly brilliant stripe of sun up the middle. As we drove along the highway, the sky changed. Each glimpse we caught of the horizon through the trees was a new picture of beauty.

Sometimes I feel sad that the beauty in a sunset is so fleeting, but I was thinking today that the image of every sunset I've ever seen is burned into my memory. And a picture never truly does them justice. God is so good! He's made this world for us to enjoy and I wanna enjoy it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment